The first three months of the project consisted of:
-Thumbnail sketches (MANY of them)
-Learning to interact with a client on a more professional level
-Learning how to find and price materials and make a “project cost estimation sheet”
This project was a massive one, meant for at least three people to work on. As luck would have it, no one else jumped on board to work on this, so I ended up working on it solo. If it weren’t for the assistance of my professor, and my recruiting a fellow student towards the end of the project to assist me in putting down layers of paint, I wouldn’t have been able to finish this work in a month! Yes, this massive painting was finished within a month. I spent many, many hours in this elevator working on the mural!
I used oil paint for the sky to achieve the soft, comfy feeling of it, and for the waves I used acrylic paint. The contrast between the sky and the water is stunning to me, and I’m so happy that I was able to achieve that look!
(This image is version 1 of the mural. Better images are on the way!)